Just SO Speech Services (No longer accepting referrals)
SLP Services for Pennsylvania ODP Consumers
Due to the high demand, we are no longer accepting referrals. We are at full capacity. We will let you know when we are accepting new referrals.
Short Term, Online SLP Services
These services with a speech-language pathologist (SLP) are Short-term and Online (SO). Hence, the name Just SO Speech Services.
The Pennsylvania Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) funds these limited online SLP services to ODP consumers and their families/teams. ODP consumers can receive up to ten hours of services from a licensed and certified speech-language pathologist.
A licensed speech-language pathologist (SLP) can work with your team to:
- Assess current communication (formal or informal evaluation.)
- Recommend a communication focus.
- Develop a communication support plan.
- Teach practical strategies for communication.
- Select, set up, and/or customize a communication device.
- Plan for getting an AAC device, including writing an insurance report, if necessary.
- Troubleshoot communication strategies, AAC devices, and more.
This new opportunity will only be available to a limited number of consumers. Referrals will be addressed in the order they are received.
This opportunity is not ongoing speech therapy or communication specialist services.
The SLPs who provide these services are on staff at TechOWL at the Institute on Disabilities at Temple University.
This program will be accepting applications soon. Please stay in touch.