How to find an AAC Specialist

An AAC specialist is a speech language pathologist who has additional training and experience with AAC. Currently the American Speech Language and Hearing Association has not established a specialty certificate in AAC but that may be happening in the near future.

Often a person designated as an Assistive Technology Professional knows a thing or two about AAC. However, it is important to have a knowledgeable SLP on the team to assure a good communication foundation is provided.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: